This has been a very trying process for the past few weeks. More than half of Americans are facing unemployment in the next few weeks according to a CNN report, and the millions of lost profits for American businesses can result in bankruptcy to some small business owners. There are still things you can do to help promote your business during these uncertain times.
Most of these ideas are based on connecting with the community, but it still has a long-lasting effect with your local residents, especially if it can create opportunities for local press.
Here are the top 3 things to consider in the next few weeks, (Using tools like Slack can help you and your team stay connecting while still deploying these ideas.)
- What is your community in need of, What is scarce that you and your team can provide.
- Does a team member know how to make hand sanitizer?
- How about assigning your team to find toilet paper for the elderly?
- Your customers may be bored, How about creating video and other content?
- Bookstores can have a daily Facebook live read of books for children or adults
- Restaurants can create videos and blog posts on how to make their famous dishes at home
- Create a How-To series: Many cell phones have compatible and high quality video, this may be the perfect opportunity to create a how-to series to keep your customers and potential customers informed on what’s next. Traders Agency Expert Josh Martinez is active in helping his business Facebook followers stay informed on the futures market.
- Help lower income students in your community.
- Lower Income students may not have a computer or laptop to do school work, how about refurbishing your company’s unused computer equipment to donate to less fortunate families.
- Provide free classes on your trade online – As schools close, keeping children, and teens busy may be a struggle. Offer parents an opportunity to keep their students busy with free classes on coding, business, marketing, manufacturing, engineering and more.
- Are you a restaurant? Do let unsold food go to waste and offer lunch meals to families that can’t afford to feed their kids. This reduces your stock from going bad and can elevate your brand within your local city.
Your business does not have to suffer, this is the time to be creative and grow your business. Have more ideas? Comment below and share some of the things you would do or are doing for your business.